Page 1 of 14SECTION 2: COMMON REGULATIONS GOVERNING POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
2.1 APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURE
1. Normally, an invitation for application for postgraduate studies at the University is advertised in the media every year. Applicants should complete the “Application for Admission to Postgraduate Study” form available from the Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies office.
2. All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee which the University shall determine from time to time, and is payable at the time of collecting the application form.
3. All duly completed applications must be addressed to the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies. Applicants must furnish his/her application with satisfactory evidence that he/she is qualified to undertake advance study and/or research and that he/she meets the entrance requirements prescribed for the programme of study applied for.
4. Upon receipt of an application, the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies, shall send the application and all accompanying documents to the Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies of the appropriate school. The Assistant Dean shall then forward the applications to the respective department in batches who in turn selects suitable candidates and recommends them for admission to the School Graduate Studies Committee. The School Graduate Studies Committee shall subsequently make recommendations to the Board of Graduate Studies concerning the status of application(s), including the admission and supervision of the selected candidates.
5. With the approval of the Board of Graduate Studies, the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies, shall issue admission letters to the applicants provided that vacancies are available. A contract is formed between the University and the applicant as soon as the offer of admission to the programme of study has been accepted. Acceptance of the offer is expressly subject to the terms of this contract, which include the requirement that students will comply with the conditions of enrolment with the University.
6. With the approval of the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies, the Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies of the concerned school shall inform all unsuccessful applicants in writing.
|Office of The Chancellor|
|Office of The Vice-Chancellor|
|Office of The Deputy Vice-Chancellor|
|Office of The Registrar|
|Office of The Bursar|
|Office of The Librarian|
|Dean of Students|
|School of Agricultural Sciences|
|School of Education|
|School of Engineering|
|School of Law|
|School of Mines|
|School Of Medicine|
|School of Natural Sciences|
|School of Veterinary Medicine|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences|