Welcome to the Samora Machel Veterinary Veterinary Library, which offers more than 10,000 print and electronic volumes covering veterinary medicine, anatomy, physiology, pathology, microbiology, and parasitology as well as information on practice management, ethics, and animal welfare. The library is available to help meet the information needs of staff and students in the Schools of Veterinary Medicine and Agricultural Sciences. It is designed to seat 42 persons.
The Veterinary Medicine Library can help students, faculty and staff improve their skills for finding, using and managing veterinary medical information. Personalized individual and group consultations are available either in the library, your office, or other campus location. Sample topics for discussion include:
• Searching PubMed
• Searching Cab Abstracts
• Journal Citation Reports: Identifying Impact Factor and Rank
• Searching for Animal Alternatives
To schedule a consultation contact the Librarian
Agricola covers all aspects of agriculture and allied disciplines, including animal and veterinary sciencees, entomology, plant sciences, forestry, aquaculture and fisheries, farming and farming systems, agricultural economics, extension and education, food and human nutrition, and earth and environmental sciences.
Consultant functions as a diagnostic support system for veterinary medicine. Specific or possible diagnoses for a species can be searched by keyword or signs.
PubMed provides over 15 million citations and abstracts in medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health care systems, preclinical sciences, and additional life sciences. While coverage of veterinary medicine is limited to "veterinary science in relation to human health, biomedical research and advances in biomedical medicine," more than 80 major veterinary medicine journal titles are indexed in PubMed.
• Arts & Humanities Citation Index indexes 1,100 of the world's leading arts and humanities journals, as well as covering individually selected, relevant items from over 6,800 major science and social science journals.
• Science Citation Index Expanded indexes 5,300 major journals across 164 scientific disciplines and contains searchable, full-length, English-language author abstracts for approximately 70 percent of the articles in the database.
• The Social Sciences Citation Index indexes 1,700 journals spanning 50 disciplines, as well as covering individually selected, relevant items from over 3,300 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals. It contains searchable, full-length, English-language author abstracts for approximately 60 per cent of the articles in the database.
| Name|| Post|
Dr. Akakandelwa, A. Librarian I-
PhD, MLIS, BALIS
Head, Veterinary Medine Library
Ms Muyoyeta Harriet Simui
(On study leave)
Mr Paul K. Twaambo
BALIS, BAE, DAE
Mr Bestain Hampwaye-
Senior Library Assistant II
| Mr Lackson Chombela|
Library Assistant II
Ms Patricia Mushashu