The University of Zambia (UNZA) is implementing a project titled “Scaling the School Readiness initiative by strengthening School and Community capacities for the adoption of play-based learning in Uganda and Zambia- SSRI” with Makerere University (MaK) and Zambia Community Schools (ZOCS). The project scholarship is funded by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada and will be offered by the University of Zambia.
This call invites applications for Master’s degree scholarships in early childhood education from lecturers in colleges of education.
- Applicants should have 5 O levels, including English.
- Candidates should have obtained an undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field from a recognised university.
- Candidates must be a teacher educator in ECE (more than two years teaching experience in ECE at a college of education will be an added advantage).
- Applicants should be suitably qualified citizens of Zambia regardless of ethnicity, age, disability or gender. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit the following:
- A recommendation letter preferably from a lecturer in the field of education.
- A statement (ONE page only) on proposed area of research based of any of the following themes:
- play-based learning,
- assessment for school readiness,
- school transition.
- A CV of no more than two pages.
Submissions should be made electronically to the Principal Investigator
email@example.com Application Deadline is 6th January, 2023 at 22:00 hours.
Selection process and Scholarship amount
Proposals will be selected based on the alignment of the proposed research with the project themes. Successful candidates will be notified about the outcomes of their applications by 16th January, 2023. The scholarship fund will cover tuition, accommodation and other expenses in support of their master’s dissertation over a period of 24 months.
Only four (4) scholarships are available.
For further inquiries contact:
Dr. Bibian Kalinde
University of Zambia (UNZA)