Department of Plant Science
- PhD. Plant Breeding and Biotechnology, Makerere University, Uganda
- MSc. Crop Science and Management, University of Nottingham, UK
- BSc. Agricultural Sciences, University of Zambia
- Molecular Breeding
- Crop Modelling
- Maize improvement
- Co-principle investigator: Assessment of conservation farming techniques for integrated crop and livestock in the improvement of small holder farms- Scaling up Climate Smart Agriculture- Funded by FAO. Jan 2017 to December 2018
- Co-principle investigator: Delivering crop yield Nowcast and Forecasts by integrating satellite data and crop modelling in sub-Saharan Africa. PEER project. Funded by USAID. Jan 2017 to December 2019
- Principal Investigator (PI): Agricultural Productivity Programme for Southern Africa (APPSA) project. Sub project Title: Development of Common Bean and Cowpea with Bruchid Tolerance. 2005 to 2018
- Simpasa, K., Masole, H. and Tembo. L. 2018. Evaluation for stable resistance to Stenocarpella maydis in tropical maize (Zea mays L.). International Journal of Environment, Agriculture and Biotechnology 3, 126-131.
- Tembo E., Charlie H. and Tembo L. 2018. Investigation of gene action for resistance to early leaf spot of groundnut. International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Bioresearch 3, 21-2.
- Tembo, L. Pungulani, L., Sohati, P.H., Mataa, J.C., and Munyinda, K. 2017. Resistance to Callosobruchus maculatus Developed Via Gamma Radiation in Cowpea. Journal of Agriculture and Crops 3, 65- 71.
- Mbwando A., Lungu, D. M., Tryphone, G. M. and Tembo, L. 2017. Indirect selection for resistance to Alectra vogelii (benth) infestation in cowpea (Vigna unguiculata (L) walp). International Journal of Environment, Agriculture and Biotechnology 2, 1123- 1129.
- Tembo, B., Sibiya, J., Tongoona, P., and Tembo, L. 2017. Validation of microsatellite molecular markers linked with resistance to Bipolaris sorokiniana in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). The Journal of Agricultural Science, 1-8.
- Mbwando A., Lungu, D. M., Tryphone, G. M. and Tembo, L. 2016. Nature of resistance of cowpea Alectra vogelii infestation. African Crop Science Journal, 24, 389-395
- Chilipa, L.N.K., Lungu, D.M. and Tembo, L., 2016. Multiple race inoculation as an option in breeding for resistance to C. lindemuthianum in common beans. Journal of Agriculture and Crops, 2, 45- 50
- Tembo, L., Asea, G., Gibson, P.T., and Okori. P. 2016. Indirect selection for resistance to Stenocarpella maydis and Fusarium graminearum and the prospects of selecting for high-yielding and resistant maize hybrids. Plant Breeding, 135, 446–451
- Tembo, L., Asea, G., Gibson, P.T., and Okori. P. 2016. Assessment of Uganda’s Farmers’ Perception and Knowledge on Maize Cob Rots towards Breeding for Resistance. Journal of Agriculture and Crops 2, 1-8
- Tembo, L and Munyinda, K. 2015. Clustering bean mutants based on heterotic grouping. African Crop Science Journal 1, 1 – 7
- Tembo, L., Asea, G., Gibson, P.T., and Okori. P. 2014. Quantitative Trait Loci for Resistance to Stenocarpella maydis and Fusarium graminearum Cob Rots in Tropical Maize. Journal of Crop Improvement 28, 214–228
- Tembo, L., Phiri, C. and Masuwa, J. 2014. Evaluation of Cowpea Mutants to Aluminium Toxicity in Hydroponics. UNZA Journal of Science and Technology 18, 57-62
- Tembo, L., Asea, G., Gibson, P.T., and Okori. P. 2013. Resistance breeding strategy for Stenocarpella maydis and Fusarium graminearum cob rots in tropical maize. Plant Breeding 132, 83-89
Email: Langa.email@example.com , Phone: +260-211-295655