- Post Grad. Dip.HRL,
Mr. Simukonda obtained his Bachelor of Engineering Degree (with a focus on Agricultural Engineering) from the University of Zambia in 2002. In 2006 he got a Postgraduate Diploma in International Human Rights Law from the University of Zambia. He then obtained his MSc Degree in Resources Engineering from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology(KIT)– Germany in 2010. During his MSc studies he focused on planning and analysis of water distribution systems. He has been involved in water supply systems research since 2010.
- 2011 – present: Lecturer – farm structures and rural infrastructure development
- 2005 – 2011: Zambia Police Farm Coordinator – Zambia Police Service
- 2002 –2005: Did general police duties including being Officer in Charge for Petauke Police Station (Zambia Police Service)for five months.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
- External examiner for Zambia College of Agriculture (Monze)
- Soil and water conservation
- Water supply systems
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Surface and groundwater hydraulics
- Irrigation systems design and optimisation
- Farm Structures and Rural Infrastructure Development.
- Solid waste management
Current Research Activities
- Water distribution systems analysis
Previous Research Activities
- MSc Thesis: Hydraulic Modelling of a Water Distribution Network in Zambia –A Case study of Chelston Police Camp