- MEng (University of Alberta, Canada, 1983)
- BEng (University of Zambia, Lusaka, 1978)
- Certificate in Lecturing and Explaining & Course Construction (University of Manitoba Teaching Service, Canada, 1981)
- Certificate in Project Design, Research Management and Workshop Technology (The African Institute for Higher
- Technical Training and Research, Kenya, 1986)
- Certificate in Radiation Safety (University of Idaho, USA, 1988)
- Certificate in Methodological Options in Policy Relevant Social Research (University of Zambia, Lusaka, 1998).
- Certificate in Research Ethics in Research with Human Subjects (University of Zambia, Lusaka, 2006).
Mr. Mate Maliselo is an experienced irrigation engineer with a keen interest in the planning of water resources and the design of irrigation systems. He has been lecturing in Irrigation Engineering, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering and Drainage Engineering for over 25 years mainly at the University of Zambia. Areas of Expertise include Evaluation and Designing of Irrigation Systems, Water Resources Systems Planning and Development, Soil Conservation Practicesand Drainage Engineering. In addition to l ecturing duties, he has been a member of the University of Zambia Senate
(1997-2000), and Head of the Department of Agricultural Engineering ( April-November, 2003 and July 2010 to present).
- 2008-present NIRAS Zambia (Ltd), Associate Consultant, Irrigation Engineering 1991-present The University of Zambia, Lusaka.
- Lecturer in the Department of Agricultural Engineering. Areas of Expertise include:
- Irrigation and Drainage Engineering;
- Evaluation and Design of Irrigation Systems;
- Water Resource Systems Planning and Development;
- Soil Conservation Practices;
- Waterways and Drainage;
- Postharvest Technology.
- In addition to lecturing duties, he has been a member of the University of Zambia Senate (1997-2000), and Head of the Department of Agricultural Engineering ( April-November, 2003 and July 2010 to present).
- 1986-1991 Fulbright Scholar at the University of Idaho, USA, studying for a Doctorate degree in Irrigation Systems Engineering and Water Management.
- Withdrew from the PhD program of the University of Idaho in early 1991 due to personal reasons.
- 1984-1986 Appointed Lecturer III January 1, 1984 in the Department of Agricultural Engineering of the University of Zambia.
- Teaching and Research in Irrigation and Drainage and Post Harvest Technology courses offered in the School of Agricultural Sciences.
- 1980-1983 University of Alberta, Canada studying for the degree of Master of Engineering in Agricultural Engineering.
- Awarded MEng degree on19 November, 1983.
- 1978-1979 Seconded to Nakambala Sugar Estate and Land Development Services for hands-on experience in irrigation pumping plants, surface irrigation systems and land shaping machinery.
- 1973-1978 University of Zambia. Obtained BEng degree in Electrical Engineering in 1978 with MERIT and worked for National Milling Company Ltd in Lusaka as Plant Maintenance Engineer. Joined the University Of Zambia as Staff Development in September 1978.
- 1968-1972 Kafue Secondary School. Obtained a Cambridge School Certificate in Division One.
- Professional Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (MEIZ)
- Chinene, V., Maimbo, F., Phiri, C., and Maliselo, M., “Baseline Surveys for the Small-Scale Irrigation Project (SIP)”, Ministry of Agriculture and Co-operatives, September, 2005.
- Maimbo, F., and Maliselo, M., “Terminal Evaluation of Water Harvesting Structures and Utilization Project in Kalomo and Kazungula Districts”, CARE, February, 2002.