- 2010 to 2013: Master of Engineering (MEng) in Agricultural Engineering, University of Zambia, School of Engineering, Lusaka, Zambia.
- 2003 to 2009: Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), University of Zambia, School of Engineering, Lusaka, Zambia.
- Member of the Renewable Energy and Farm Power and Machinery research groups in the department
- AEN 5321 – Renewable Energy Sources
- This course is intended to equip students with principles and design tools of renewable energy sources to include solar, wind, biomass and hydro power.
- AEN 4131 – Farm Structures
- Energy for rural development;
- Energy planning;
- Renewable energy technologies;
- Biomass conversion systems,
- Biogas production,
- Photovoltaic systems and Solar thermal systems.
Current research activities
- Involved in an on-going research project called ‘Network of Energy Excellence Development’ whose main goal is to develop research strategies/policies for the deployment of renewable energy technologies in Southern Africa. Funded by EU and ACP (€ 995, 435.59). March 2014 – February 2017.
- MEng Thesis, Potential Greenhouse gas emissions reduction through production and utilization of biogas from pig manure – case study for Zambia, 2013, University of Zambia.
- BEng Thesis, Parametric Design of a Cross-flow turbine using Solidworks, 2009, University of Zambia
- Kaoma, M. and Yamba, F.D., 2013. Potential Methane Emissions Reduction through Production and Utilization of Biogas from Pig Manure –Case Study for Chongwe, Lusaka and Choma Districts of Zambia. Research Journal in Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2(2)74-79, 2013.http://rjeas.emergingresource.org/articles/POTENTIAL%20METHANE.pdf
- Kaoma, M., Yamba, F.D and Mumba, C., 2012. The influence of animal feed composition on greenhouse gas emissions from pig manure – A case study on three farms from Lusaka, Chongwe and Choma districts of Zambia. Livestock Research for Rural Development, 24 (7), 2012. http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd24/7/kaom24121.htm
- Mwansa, K., Mwanza, M., Zulu, A., Muya, M., Ngendo, D.M., Mpanga, S., Katende, J., Kelebopile, L., Oladiran, T., Onyango, T., Chisale, P., John, S., Zulu, A.M., Hüneke, M., Kapfhamer, S., Zörner, W., Kgathi, D., Mbaiwa, J.E. and Motsholapheko, M.R., ‘State of renewable energy technologies in Southern Africa ’, Proceedings of the International Conference on Clean Energy for Sustainable Growth in Developing Countries (CESGDC15), Palapye, Botswana, 16-18 September 2015.
- Hüneke, M., Kapfhamer, S., Zörner, W., Zulu, A., Muya, M., Mwansa, K., Ngendo, D.M., Mpanga, S., Mbaiwa, J.E., Motsholapheko, M.R., Kgathi, D., Katende, J., Oladiran, T., John, S., Zulu, A.M., Chisale, P., ‘Paving the way for widespread implementation of renewable energy technologies in the Southern African region’, Proceedings of the International Conference on Clean Energy for Sustainable Growth in Developing Countries (CESGDC15), Palapye, Botswana, 16-18 September 2015.