Department of Social Work and Sociology
- BA, UNZA
- MSc, University Science of Malaysia
- PhD, UNZA
- Health and gender
- Novel foundations and perspectives in Sociology of health and illness
- Symbolic interactionism and phenomenology
- Bird, P., Omar, M., Doku, V., Lund, C., Nsereko, J.R., and Mwanza, J.2010, Increasing the priority of mental health in Africa: findings from qualitative research in Ghana, South Africa, Uganda and Zambia, Health Policy and Planning, The Mental Health and Poverty Research Programme Consortium (MHaPP) 1–9
- Mwanza, J., Cooper, S., Kapungwe, A., Sikwese, A., and Mwape, L. 2011, Stakeholders' perceptions of the main challenges facing Zambia’s mental health care system: a qualitative analysis. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health, The Mental Health and Poverty Research Programme Consortium (MHaPP) 4 (1), 39-53.
- Ndhlovu, L., Serpell, R., and Mwanza, J. 2013, Effects of HIV status and Linguistic Medium on the Test Performance of Rural Low-Literacy Adults: Implications for Neuropsychological Test Development in Zambia, Medical Journal of Zambia. 40 (2) (2013): 69-79.
- Nunkwe, E., Mwanza, J., Nzala, C., and Michelo., B 2013, Childbearing and Family Planning Choices of Women Living With HIV and AIDS: The Lived Experiences. Medical Journal of Zambia, 40 (1), 7-12.
- Omar, M.A., Green, A.T., Bird, P.K., Mirzoev, T., Flisher, A.J., Kigozi, F., Lund, C., Mwanza, J., Ofori-Atta, A.L. 2010, Mental health policy process: a comparative study of Ghana, South Africa, Uganda and Zambia. International Journal of Mental Health Systems, The Mental Health and Poverty Research Programme Consortium (MHaPP), 4:24