The Department of Soil Science is centre of excellence in the development and promotion of innovative principles of integrated management of soil and water resources. The Department conducts fundamental and applied research in Soil and Water Management through basic and applied sciences, and offers training in Graduate and Undergraduate programmes in Soil Science.
The Department is equipped with modern laboratory facilities for various services highlighted below:
- Soil testing and advisory services to guide the choice of crops and nutrient requirements
- Analysis of soils, plants, water, fertilizer and manures for soil fertility and pollution monitoring
- Fertilizer and lime recommendations
- Irrigation design and installation
- Environmental impact assessments