- PhD. Plant Pathology, University of Arizona, USA.
- MSc. Crop Science, Makerere University, Uganda
- BSc. Agricultural Sciences, University of Zambia
- Plant Pathology (AGC 3312)
- Crop Protection (AGC 3342)
- Undergraduate Research Course (AGC 5004)
- Plant Protection (AGC 6322)
- Plant Protection and Pathology
- Fungal Diversity and Disease Resistance
- Mushroom Production
- Principal Investigator (PI): Aflatoxins in Native Foods in Zambia. Funded by The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Principal Investigator (PI): Aflatoxin Mitigation in Zambia Project. Funded by The United States Department of Agriculture-Foreign Agricultural Services (USDA-FAS) through The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).
- Principal Investigator (PI): Biocontrol options for Fall Armyworm in Southern Africa (BioFASA). Funded by the National Science and Technology Council (Government of the Republic of Zambia).
- Kachapulula, P. W., J. Akello, R. Bandyopadhyay, and P. J. Cotty. 2018. Aflatoxin contamination of dried insects and fish in Zambia. J. Food Protection 81:1508-1518.
- Kachapulula PW, Akello J, Bandyopadhyay R, Cotty PJ, 2017. Aflatoxin contamination of groundnut and maize in Zambia: Observed and Potential Concentrations. Journal of Applied Microbiology 6, 1471-1482.
- Kachapulula PW, Akello J, Bandyopadhyay R, Cotty PJ, 2017. Aspergillus section Flavi community structure in Zambia influences aflatoxin contamination of maize and groundnut. International Journal of Food Microbiology 261, 49-56.