Our research is focused on movement science, pharmaceutical sciences, particularly drug discovery from local herbs, Molecular epidemiology of human and animal disease causing pathogens, host-pathogen interactions and the soon to be introduced forensic sciences. We are number one for research in Zambia. The university’s location in the nation’s capital provides unparalleled opportunities for learning at leading scientific centres and institutes as well as top health policy think tanks and researchers. We are always looking for ways to apply our research to meet Zambia’s health challenges.
Department Projects and Publications
Journal of Preventive and Rehabilitative Medicine
- Kinkese D. P, Ndashe K, Macwan'gi M, Toure O, Kangwa E, Hang'ombe B. M. Microbial Safety of Household Drinking Water Used During Weaning of Children Aged 6-24 Months in Lusaka District, Zambia. Journal of Preventive and Rehabilitative Medicine. 2018; 1(1): 63-74.
- Ampiah P. K, Quartey J, Kwakye S. K. Knowledge of Stroke among Hypertensive-Diabetic Patients at the National Diabetes Management and Research Centre of Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in Ghana. Journal of Preventive and Rehabilitative Medicine. 2018; 1(1): 46-62.
- Phiri S.B, Goma F.M, Mulenga L, Sitali M.C, Mukonchi. Effects of Antiretroviral Therapy (Tenofovir/Lamivudine/Efavirenz) on Arterial Stiffness in Black African HIV-1 Infected Men.
- Contamination of Complementary Weaning Foods for Children with Escherichia Coli and Salmonella species in Lusaka District, Zambia. Kinkese M. K, Hang’ombe M. B, Toure O, Kinkese T, Kangwa E.
- An Assessment of the Quality and Mircrobiological Quality of Domestic Water Supplied to Residents of Peri-Urban Townships of Lusaka District, Zambia. Silavwe L. M, Ndashe K, Mulwanda E, Mbewe A, Sikateyo B.
- Ethnobotanical Survey of Medical Plants Used in Treatment of Diabetes in Chipulukusu Compound, Ndola District, Zambia. Muyenga T. A, Musonda D, Chigunta M.
- Ethnobotanical Servey of Medicl Plants Used in Treatment of Diabetes in Chipulukusu Compound, Ndola District, Zambia. Tumelo Akapelwa Muyenga, Delilah Musonda, Michael Chigunta.
- An Assessment of the Quantity and Microbiological Qality of Domestic Water Supplied to Residents of Peri-Urban Townships of Lusaka District, Zambia. Lillian Mutesu Silavwe, Kunda Ndashe, Edgar Mulwanda, Allan Mbewe, Bornwell Sikateyo.
- Contamination of Complementary Weaning Foods for Children with Escherichia coli and Salmonella species in Lusaka District, Zambia. Delphin Mwisha Kinkese, Mudenda Bernard Hang’ombe, Ousmane Toure, Theresa Kinkese and Evans Kangwa
- Profiling Children with Neural Tube Defects at the University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia. Micah Simpamba, Margaret M. Mweshi and Patricia M. Struthers
- Measles Viruses in Zambia: A Review on Circulating Wild-type Genotypes, Complications with Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Control (2006-2016). Kunda Ndashe, Samuel Munjita, Novan Tembo, Sody Musanka, Bernadette Mumba
- Mircobiological Assessment of Borehole Water in Libala South, Lusaka District, Zambia. Annie Nakaonga, Kunda Ndashe, Kennedy Chishimba, Lillian Mutesu Silavwe, Sumbukeni Kowa,Bernadette Mumba
- Socio-economic and Socio-cultural Factors Affecting Malaria Control Interventions in Zambia: A Survey of Milenge District, Luapula Province. Ellah Zingani, Given Mtonga, Aubrey Chichonyi Kalungia, Moses Mukosha, Alefa Banda
- Evaluation of Training and Implementation Program for Community - Based Child Growth Monitors and Promoters in Zambia. Caroline Zulu, Charles Michelo , Catherine Ngoma
- Perceptions of HIV and AIDS Preventive Interventions and their Impact on Behavioural Change in Young People in Matero Township of Lusaka, Zambia. Delphin Mwisha Kinkese, Evans Kangwa and Lisa Wegner
- Prevalence of Traditional Herbal Medicine Use and associated factors among pregnant women of Lusaka Province, Zambia. Sylvia Maluma, Aubrey C. Kalungia, Audrey Hamachila, Jimmy Hangoma, Derick Munkombwe
- An Evaluation of the Attutiude of Physiotherapy Students towards Managing Children with Disabilities in Lusaka, Zambia. Patricia M. Ndhlovu, Margaret M. Mweshi, Micah Simpamba, Loveness Nkhata, Olipa Zulu
- Translating Cancer Research into Evidence Based Practice: A Research Experience Commentary. Stephen R Samuel, Dr. Arun G Maiya, Prof. Donald J Fernandes
- Reliability of Physical Examination, Diagnosis and Treatment of Low-Back Pain by Physiotherapy Practitioners in Some Selected Hospitals in Zambia. Aggrey Musanu, Margaret M. Mweshi, Moses Mwango
- Identification of Ethical Issues Encountered By Physiotherapy Practitioners in Managing Patients With Low Back Pain at Two Major Hospitals in Lusaka, Zambia. Kangwa Mubanga Chileshe,*, Esther Munalula-Nkandu, Hastings Shula, Loveness A. Nkhata, Micah Simpamba
- Normal Position of the Cerebellar Tonsils in Relation to the Anteroposterior Diameter of the Foramen Magnum in Individuals of Different age groups: The Zambian Experience. Patience N. Buumba, Moono Silitongo, Hilda Zulu, Dailesi Ndhlovu, Boyd Mudenda, Krikor Erzingastian
- Anatomical Variations of the Circle of Willis as seen at the University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia. Hilda Zulu, Patience N. Buumba, Moono Silitongo, Krikor Erzingastian, Boyd Mudenda
- Review on Effects of Ergonomic Interventions for Nurses on Function, Neuro-Muscular Pain and Quality of Life. Loveness A. Nkhata, Quinnette Louw, Yolandi Brink, Margaret M. Mweshi
- Psychological Distress During the Perinatal Period: Using Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) General Health Questionnaire (GHQ-12) and the Study Specific Measure of Perinatal Distress (SSMPD) on a Zambian Cohort. Lonia Mwape, Patricia Katowa-Mukwato, Prudencia Mweemba
- Use of the ICF in Measuring Performance of Basic Activities of Daily Living in People living with HIV/AIDS in Two Selected Home Based Care Programmes in Lusaka, Zambia. Billiat Chongo, Moses Mwango, Margaret M. Mweshi, Martha Banda - Chalwe
- Zika Virus and Congenital Microcephaly in Zambia, What are the Chances?. Kunda Ndashe, Nova Nalondwa, Oswell Khondowe, Samuel Munjita
- Attitude to Exercise in Pregnant Women Attending Antenatal Care at the University Teaching Hospital in Lusaka, Zambia. Loveness A. Nkhata , Esther M. Nkandu, Hastings K. Shula, Margaret M. Mweshi
- The Best Time to Start Stroke Rehabilitation: A Review of the Evidence in Resource - Adequate and Resource Constrained Settings. Margaret M. Mweshi 1 , Hastings K. Shula 1 , Loveness A . Nkhata 1 , Brian Chiluba 2
- Patient's Satisfaction with Outpatient Pharmacy Services at t he University Teaching Hospital and Ndola Central Hospital in Zambia. Aubrey C. Kalungia, Tamara Kamanga
- Zika_Virus: Why Should We Care? What Do We Do About It?. Sody M. Munsaka
Instructions for authors