Welcome to the University of Zambia School of Law, the oldest law school in Zambia. The School has educated and graduated Presidents, Statesmen, Chief Justices, Judges, Government Ministers and an excellent crop of academics, practitioners, policy-makers and intellectuals both in Zambia and the larger diaspora. The School has a dynamic, vibrant and brilliant cadre of young academics, many of whom have advanced degrees from Ivy League universities and other prestigious institutions word-wide. The vast majority of our staff complement have PhDs.
In July 2018, the School appointed Professor Chuma Himonga as its 12th dean. Professor Himonga is the second woman to hold the deanship since the School’s establishment in 1967.
The following are the key issues on the School’s agenda during her term of office:
- Enhancement of the research profile of the School;
- Improvement of the promotion rate of Faculty;
- Establishment and promotion of market-relevant specialist LLM programmes and short non-degree courses;
- Enhancement of the quality of LLB graduates;
- Improvement of the completion rates and “time-to-degree” of postgraduate students; and
- The improvement of the physical infrastructure of the School.
- Telefax: +260 211 293
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Public Law