- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Cavendish University - Zambia, Lusaka.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) - Solar Drying University of Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Food Technology (Process Engineering Option) University of Reading, U.K.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) - Mechanical Engineering University of Zambia, Lusaka.
- Simate, I.N. (2004) Experimental investigation of a natural convection dryer using a biomass air heater. Special Edition on Inter-Disciplinary Research, University of Zambia Journal of Science and Technology, June 2004, 50 – 55. ISSN 1027-4928.
- Nguz, K., Shindano, J., Kasase, C., Hikeezi, D.M. and Simate, I.N. (2004) Evaluation of potential microbiological risks in raw and pasteurised milk produced in Lusaka town of Zambia. Special Edition on Inter-Disciplinary Research, University of Zambia Journal of Science and Technology, June 2004, 17 – 23. ISSN 1027-4928.
- Simate, I.N. (2003) Optimization of Mixed-mode and Indirect-mode natural convection Solar dryers. Renewable Energy 28 (3), 435 - 453. ISSN 0960-1481.
- Simate, I.N. and Kwendakwema, N.J. (2003) Drying of vegetables in solar dryers with wind driven and electric driven fans – a comparison. The Zambian Engineer- Journal of the Engineering Institution of Zambia 36 (1) 13 - 16.
- Simate, I.N. (2001), Simulation of the Mixed-Mode Natural-Convection Solar Drying of Maize. Drying Technology - An International Journal, 19 (6), 1137–1155. ISSN 0737-3937.
- Simate, I.N. (1999) Experimental Testing of a Wind operated Fan Solar Dryer. First National Conference on Recent Advances in Engineering Research and Development (CRERD – I), Intercontinental Hotel, Lusaka, Zambia. 1999, November 12 – 13; published in The Zambian Engineer, 34 (1), 118 – 121, Engineering Institution of Zambia. ISBN 9982-41-000-8.
- Simate, I.N. (2014) Design of a solar tunnel dryer, Proceedings of the EIZ National Symposium, 18/04/2014
- Simate, I.N. and Ahrne, L.M. (2007) Drying Kinetics of Fresh Banana Slices under Combined Microwave and Hot-Air Drying. International Multi-Discipline Conference on Recent Advances in Research 26th – 27th September, 2007, University of Zambia, Lusaka. Available at: www.unza.zm.
- Simate, I.N. (2004) Natural convection dryer using a biomass air heater.Conference on Inter-disciplinary Research, 25th and 26th March 2004, Mulungushi International Conference Centre, Lusaka.
- Shindano J., Nguz, K., Kasase, C., Hikeezi, D.M. and Simate, I.N. (2004) Microbial Quality of Raw and Pasteurised Milk in Zambia. Conference on Inter-disciplinary Research, 25th and 26th March 2004, Mulungushi International Conference Centre, Lusaka.
- Simate, I.N. and Samundengu, S. (2003) A deep bed model to predict grain temperatures and moisture content in Sun Drying Simulation. Paper Number SI1, Editor: JP Meyer. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, HEFAT 2003, 23 – 25th June 2003, Livingstone Victoria Falls, Zambia.
- Simate, I.N. (2001)Solar water distillation – Zambian perspective. Proceedings of the 27th Water Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC) International Conference, Mulungushi International Conference Centre, Lusaka, Zambia, 20th – 24th August, 2001 pp310 – 312. ÂÂÂ
- Woods, J.L.; Silayo, V.C.K. and Simate, I.N. (2000), Solar Drying on a Perforated Surface: Deep Bed Simulation with Radiation and Conduction Terms. Paper Number 00-PH-012. European Agricultural Engineering Conference, Warwick 2000, University of Warwick, U.K. July 2 – 7, 2000.
- Simate, I.N. (1999) Solar Power Utilization in Agro-Processing. Engineering Institution of Zambia National Symposium, Taj-Pamodzi Hotel, Lusaka, Zambia. 1999, August 27 –28.
- Simate, I.N. and Woods, J.L. (1997) Simulation and Optimization of a Mixed-mode Natural Convection Maize Solar Dryer.Silsoe Postharvest Convention, Cranfield University, U.K. March, 1997.
- Chapter in a Book
- Simate, I.N. and Ahrne, L.M. (2006) Dehydration of Tropical Fruits. In: Handbook of Food Science, Technology and Engineering. Vol. 3.pp. 104-1 – 104-18. Editor: Y.H. Hui. Publisher: CRC Tayloy& Francis, Boca Raton. ISBN 1-57444-552-9.
TEACHING – COURSES TAUGHT
- Solar Energy (solar thermal component) – REE6021
- Advanced Crop Storage and Food Processing – AEN6411
- Food Process Engineering – AEN4512