The UNZA Insurance Office falls under the Registrar’s Department. The Section is mandated to give professional advice to University Management on Insurance issues to enable Management make informed decisions on which policies and schemes to cover, and with which insurance companies to deal with, which give affordable and suitable conditions to University. To negotiate on Insurance matters with Insurance Companies on behalf of Management and Staff. Further still to inform the University Staff and Management on the current trends in insurance matters. The Unit is headed by a Manager and assisted by an Insurance Assistant and a Secretary.
The Insurance Office also handles the following policies:
- Motor Insurance for Staff at an extra discount of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance (which is provided for in the conditions of service).
- Group Personal Accident.
- Employers Liability.
- Computer Insurance.
- Office Comprehensive Insurance.
- Fidelity guarantee, to cover theft of funds by University Staff.
- Money Insurance.
- Public Liability.
- House Owners Insurance.
N.B:We wish to bring to your attention that you can insure your dwelling against Fire, Storm and tempest, damage caused by falling trees and/or damage caused by lightning.
The University of Zambia has put in place a Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy for all its Employees on Permanent and on Long Contracts Conditions of Service free of chargeThis policy covers you against any injuries, death and Medical expenses (Medical Expenses has a limit) which you may incur following an accident. Accident in this case is defined as follows: -
- Road Traffic Accident
- Personal Accident e.g. falling from a ladder
- Assault by known or unknown persons.
- Dog bite or kick from a horse or cow.
- Disappearance (missing for more than two years).
- Injuries from Non professional sports e.g. Inter-departmental sports, Inter-University sports.
Please contact UNZA Insurance Office for further information.