Bachelor of Arts with Education
Either five 'O' levels as follows: English Language and any four subjects from the following: History, Geography, French, Literature in English, Mathematics, a Zambian Language, Civic Education, Religious Education, Wood Work, Metal Work, Geometric and Mechanical Drawing, Home Economics, Art and Design, Computer Science, Economics, Commerce, Additional Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and any other acceptable subject OR a University of Zambia Diploma or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
Distance Education Fees
New Students: Zambia, SADC, and Refugee Status Students
Return Students: Zambia, SADC, and Refugee Status Students
Non Tuition Fees
|Caution Fee||K87.5||Paid by 1st years on entry (non-refundable) once-off|
|Internet Connectivity||K27.50||Per Year|
|Records Card||K50.00||Paid by 1st years on entry once-off|
|Maintenance and Rehabilitation||K35.00||Per Year|
|Student Union||K 40.00||Per Year|
|Library||K 10.00||Per Year|
|Sports Recreation fee||K40.00||Per Year|
Use the following steps to apply
- Visit the Institute of Distance Education website by typing ide.unza.zm in your web browser (mozila, chrome,internet explorer etc.)
- For Undergraduate Students: On your left hand side locate and click on “Online application(Undergraduate)” under the heading “Online Services”. For Post graduate Students: On your left hand side locate and click on “Online application(Postgraduate”) under the heading “Online Services
- Select the term you want to apply for (eg. 2018, 2019 etc.)
- Select the program you wish to apply for (eg. Bachelor of Accounting and Finance, Master of Business Administration etc.)
- Fill in the form with the information required (e.g name, address, educational background etc.)
- Note: all mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk(*) and these should all be filled in.
- Scan and upload softcopy documents (previous education(Grade 12, Diploma or Degree), certifications, NRC, etc.) under the section with the heading “Upload Academic Documents”
- Click on the “Save and Proceed” button to submit the Application form
- Your application has now been submitted for approval, take note of the application number.
- Print the billmaster form by clicking on “Print ZANACO Deposit Form” and make payment at your nearest ZANACO branch.
Application for Undergraduate Programmes: A non-refundable fee of K150 should be deposited in our ZANACO Account No. 0382200300177, Branch: Cairo Business Centre
Application for Postgraduate Programmes: A non-refundable fee of K150 should be deposited in our ZANACO Account No. 0382200300379, Branch: Cairo Business Centre
NOTE 1: Feedback on your application will be sent to your email. If you do not receive any feedback, contact the IDE Registry by sending an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” or calling +260978772249.
NOTE 2: In case of any problems kindly contact IDE on the following numbers IDE OFFICE: 0978772249 IDE CUSTOMER CARE: 0978772248. You may also go to any of our Provincial Centres to seek assistance from our staff stationed there to attend to your queries.