Dr. Joel Kabika is the Assistant Dean Academic school of Engineering, Currently pursuing a PhD in Integrated Water Resources Management Groundwater looking at the groundwater in the Kalahari Sand aquifers of Western Province a Sandwich programme between the University of Zambia and Technical University of Denmark, Holds a Masters in Integrated Water Resources Management obtained from the University of Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) and Bachelor of Engineering degree in Agriculture Engineering obtained from the University of Zambia. Holds a certificate in Integrated Earth Observation and Modelling for Water Resources Management with Emphasis on Groundwater GEO-INFORMATION SCIENCE AND EARTH OBSERVATION-ITC University of Twente Enchede NETHERLANDS and also a certificate in Ecosan from the IHE-Delft,(The Netherlands). Certificate in Groundwater Management for Hygiene and Sanitation IWSD HARARE ZIMBABWE Has taught and carried out consultancy services in Water resources Management including ecological sanitation, water quality, treatment transport and distribution, Environmental impact assessments.
- Water Resources Management
- Member of the E.I.Z Southern Regional Executive committee
- Member of the Water resource Infrastructure SAG Sub-committee representing the School of Engineering
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Groundwater modelling
- Geographical Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS) in water Resource Management
- Water quality analysis
- Ecological Sanitation
- Environmental impact Analysis (EIA)
- Fluid Mechanic
- Research on Recharge mechanism of groundwater in Barotse sub basin 2009
- Groundwater flow Modelling for Kalahari sand aquifer in Sesheke October 2010
- Reviewing and assessing the implementation, operation and maintenance of EcoSan facilities in selected peri-urban areas of Lusaka. CARE INTERNATIONAL ZAMBIA. 17th November 2009 to 15th January 2010
- Development of Groundwater level data set for the Country Level Livelihood analysis and Mapping. Farming Systems Association in Zambia (FASAZ). 1st -14th November 2009
- Development of a Certificate course Curriculum for Rural Water supply and Sanitation in the August to December 2012
- Zambia Water Forum and Exhibition (ZAWAFE) Conference proceedings Report Editor 2011 Lusaka, Zambia
- Rapid environmental assessment for Chongwe and Luangwa District and trained 60 Chiefs and Headmen in Integrated Resources Management Chongwe and Luangwa Districts. Water and Sanitation Association of Zambia (WASAZA) in conjunction with Ms Juliet Mwale and Ms Malama Mukonge, September 2006
- Establishing a Multi-stakeholders platform to facilitate dialogue among stakeholders In Chalimbana River Catchment Zambia Water Partnership (ZWP) in conjunction with Ms Malama Mukonge July 2006
- Designing Drainage systems, for entire Chengelo School in Mkushi, Chengelo Trust School in conjunction with Mr. Shadreck Phiri, November 2001.
- Ponds design for Nanga Farm in conjunction with Mr. Akayombokwa (2001)
- Presented a paper titled Challenges in using SEBS model in estimating actual evapotranspiration in southern. 9th International AARSE remote sensing conference held in the Faculty of Sciences in El Jadida in Morocco 2012
- Co-Author a paper at 9th International AARSE remote sensing conference held in the Faculty of Sciences in El Jadida in Morocco 2012 titled “Estimation of partial and temporal varion of Evapotarnspiration in Barotse sub-basin”.
- Groundwater recharge in sesheke using stable isotople tracers and flow modeling 2012 13th WaterNet /WARFSA/GWP-SA International Symposium on Intergrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) 31 October–2 November 2012.
- Groundwater resource assessment using modelling and remote sensing: a case study of sesheke, Zambia 12th WaterNet /WARFSA/GWP-SA International Symposium on Intergrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) 31 October–2 November 2011.
- Recharge Estimation of the Barotse Sub Basin 10th WaterNet /WARFSA/GWP-SA International Symposium on Intergrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) 31 October–2 November 2010.
- J. Kabika and C. Chonya (2004) “Ecotourism Promoting Peace and Prosperity In Environmental Management Case Study of Zambezi River/Victoria Falls”
- 7th WaterNet /WARFSA/GWP-SA International Symposium on Intergrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) 31 October–2 November 2004. Windhock Nambia
- J. Kabika: “Water and Culture - Tonga the People of the Great River”. Article in the DAILY MAIL on the commemoration of the World Water Day (March 22, 2006).
- J. Kabika “Establishing a Multi-stakeholders platform to facilitate dialogue among Stakeholders in Chalimbana River Catchment” (December, 2006)
- J. Kabika (August 2005) “Assessment of Socio-Economic Impact of Environmental Flow for the lower Ruvu River basin” Master’s Thesis
- J. Kabika (2001) “Evaluation of Low-Cost Drip Irrigation System at N.R.D.C” Filthy year Project report, University of Zambia
- J. Kabika (2007) “Water Resource Conflict in Chalimbana River Catchment - A Case Study” Zambia Water Partnership (ZWP