Members of staff are involved in several collaborative research projects. These are:
- Surveillance on Viral Zoonoses in Africa. Jointly funded by Science and Technology Research Partnership for Sustainable Development (SATREPS)
- Development of Serological and Field Laboratory Genetic Tools for the Diagnosis and Surveillance of Filovirus Infections.)
- Research and Surveillance on taeniid tapeworms such as Taenia spp and Echinococcus spp.
- Research on Anthrax, Tuberculosis and plaque
- Research on environmental toxicology(pollution) both in terrestrial and aquatic environments