- PhD (July 2010) Numerical modelling of potential flows – University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- M. Sc. (August 1987) in Civil Engineering, New Mexico State University, USA.
- B. Eng. (December 1984) in Civil Engineering, University of Zambia
- Cambridge School Certificate (December 1978), Serenje Boys Secondary School, Zambia.
- August 2000 - to date: Lecturer, School of Engineering, University of Zambia
- Sep ‘98-Dec ‘99: Project Manager, Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company
- 1994 to ‘98: Technical Services Manager, Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company
- 1993 to 1994: Senior Engineer, Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company
- 1987 to 1993: Lecturer, University of Zambia
- 1984 to 1985: Engineer and Surveyor, ZMCK Consulting Engineers, Lusaka, Zambia
- Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Water and Sanitation Association of Zambia
- Water and Environmental Engineering Research Group
- Hydrologic Modelling of river catchments
- Database development for water resources management
- Water Resource assessments for water allocation purposes
- Hydropower potential assessments of river systems
- Water supply and sanitation system designs and modelling.
Refereed Journal articles
- Nyirenda, E., and Taigbenu, A. E. (2010). "3-D Green Element Method for Potential Flows." Proc., Advances in Boundary Element Techniques XI, EC Ltd, Berlin, Germany, pp 462-467. ISBN: 978-0-9547783-7-8
- Taigbenu, A. E., and Nyirenda, E. (2010). "Revisiting the Stream-Aquifer Flow Problem with a Flux-Based Green Element Model." Water SA, Vol. 36 (No. 3), pp 287-294.ISSN: 1816-7950
- Nyirenda, E., “Development of a water resource allocation tool for the Upper Lunsemfwa Catchment in Zambia” Zambia Water Forum and Exhibition, Harnessing Water for Social and Economic Benefits, 5-6 November, 2012, Government Complex, Lusaka.
- Nyirenda, E., and Mwenya C., “The Use Of Remotely Sensed Data In Mapping River Catchments – A Case Study Of The Kafue River Basin”, 5th Waternet/WARFSA/GWP Symposium, 2nd- 4th November, 2004, Safari Hotel, Windhoek, Namibia,
- Nyirenda, E., “Leakage Control Work in Lusaka” The Proceedings of the EIZ National Seminar on Engineering Challenges Towards the year 2000, 29th & 30th August 1997, Lusaka.
- Nyirenda, E. (2012). A Time-Dependent Green Element Method for Potential Flow Study in 3-D, First Ed., Lap Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Saarbrucken, Germany. ISBN-13: 978-3-659-19811-3, ISBN-10: 3659198110
- Member, Zambia Commission on Large Dams
Current Research Activities
- Development of water resource allocation tools (models) for various river catchments of Zambia
- Development of database systems for water rights administration in Zambia
MSc Dissertation title
- Water Balance of the Upper Pecos River Basin, New Mexico State University, 1987
PhD thesis title
- A Time-Dependent Green Element Formulation For Solution Of Potential Flow Problems In 3 Dimensional Domains, University of the Witwatersrand, 2010