- BEng (UNZA),
- MSc (Free University Brussel and Catholic University Leuven, Belgium),
Teaching Course - Taught:
- CEE 3311 Fluid Mechanics
- CEE 5311 Water Resources Management and Hydraulic Structures
- CEE 5714 Project
- Urban Stormwater Drainage,
- Rainwater Harvesting,
- Environmental Management
Current research activities:
- Water Resources Management
- Potential of Rainwater Harvesting in Urban Zambia, 2002-2003.
- Water Quality Monitoring of the Ngwerere River, 1996.
- Handia L., Tembo J.M. and Mwiindwa C. (2003). “Potential of Rainwater Harvesting in Urban Zambia” Research report.
- Water quality Monitoring of the Ngwerere river, 1997, J.M.Tembo, M. Bolsius, L. Handia, Dr.J.Dekoning. Tudelft/CED,
- Handia L. (2005) “Comparative study of rainwater quality in urban Zambia”, Journal of Water Supply, Research and Technology-AQUA, 54.1, 55-64.
- Handia L., Tembo J.M. and Mwiindwa C. (2004) “Applicability of Rainwater Harvesting in Urban Zambia", Journal of Science and Technology, Special Edition, 1-8.
- Handia L. and J.M. Tembo (2004) “Design and construction of rainwater harvesting systems in Lusaka” The Zambian Engineer Journal of the Engineering Institution of Zambia, Volume 37/1, 11-18.
- Handia L ,Tembo J.M. and Mwiindwa C. (2003) “Potential of Rainwater Harvesting in Urban Zambia” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Volume/Issue 28/20-27, 893-896.